January's Sewing Goal Accomplished

Ok I cheated a little bit.  I started this pattern months ago and decided to finish it for January's sewing goal - make one clothing item for me.  I wanted to encourage myself early.

This is the second dress I made from this pattern so I won't reveiw it in detail here since I did a review for the first one in September 2015 (review of first dress).

How I Did It


I did not have the same struggles with the first one of course and there were no design features (collar opening is on the correct side this time).  The only thing I did different on this one was add triple stitch top stitch to back seam and around the waist using Sulky 30wt Blendable thread.  After I did the top stitching around the waist I realized no one will see it because I will be wearing the belt - oh well.

What drew me to this pattern was the collar.

With the first dress I wasn't sure that it look so good on me but when I wore it to church I got a lot of compliments.

The belt is the same one I made for the first dress (see previous review).












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch