I Am An Addict - I Am 5 Hours Sober

Sometimes when the Lord is working in my life and I get confused and just don't understand.  During these times I have to stand on the truth of His word.  This week I have been reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 which says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to. give you hope and a future.".  I am thankful that the Lord knows what he is doing!

I have been "hiding" in my sewing room and it has been absolutely wonderful - until yesterday.  I will not relive the trauma (see yesterday's post).

I had decided earlier this month to not buy anymore fabric or patterns - to just use my stash.  I have failed already.  All the new fabrics and patterns got to me and besides I needed a "pick me up" to recover from yesterday's epic sewing failure.

It started so innocently.  I wanted to wear this jacket I made and needed something to wear with it.  I found a free skirt pattern online and thought it would look great with the jacket.  Just so we are clear I said I would not buy any new patterns - I will always accept a freebie.

I went to my stash and stumbled upon a piece that I thought would work.  The skirt pattern called for elastic in the waist and I would have to modify the pattern.  I didn't want to modify the pattern because I wanted to eventually review it and let the designer know what I thought (designer never asked me to).  Besides the fabric in my stash would not work with the elastic (true statement).

Off to the fabric store I went looking for 1 1/2 yards of 60 inch wide fabric in a beautiful brown, orange, or even yellow.  I didn't find anything that jumped out at me but I did find something that might work but it didn't speak to me like I needed it to.

I vaguely remembered that I might have the same fabric in my stash already but it was 60% off and surely this was the last time Hancock's would have a 60% off sale right (me lying to myself trying to justify my addiction).  I liked the fabric I already had at home better but I decided I couldn't pass up 60% off so I put the bolt in my basket (now why would I need a basket if I was only going to by 1.5  yards of fabric).  It was only 45 inches wide but it was 60% off.

As I strolled through the store I happened upon this beautiful sky blue stretch denim fabric that would be perfect for another free dress pattern I found.  It spoke to me in my love language and it was a beautiful conversation.  It reminded me that I had a 50% off coupon that I could use to bring it home so we could continue our conversation.

I bought 4 yards of each.

They say the first step to healing is admitting your addition so here it is.  I am a fabric addict, a sewing machine addict,  a sewing gadget addict,  an all things sewing and crafting addict.  I am about 5 hours sober.

After I got home I again decided no more fabric or pattern purchases.  I figured if I knew what was in my stash it would surely curb my addition.  I pulled out all my fabric stash to sort it and re-familiarize myself with what I already have.  I had to put some of it on the floor because I ran out of room on my cutting table.

This is what I have.  I will sort it all tomorrow.  By the way this only represents my garment stash.  I also have a quilting stash but that is another addiction for another day.

Floor Pile 1

Floor Pile 2

Side 1 of Cutting Table

Front of Cutting Table

Side 2 of Cutting Table

Back of Cutting Table


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman