Take Two

I am so excited I am ahead of my sewing goal of one clothing item for myself a month.  Today completes March's goal.  While I am motivated and have the time I am trying to complete as many monthly goals as I can.

Since I had already altered Vogue 7762 I decided to take advantage of that and make another dress.  I will probably make one more after this one before I put the pattern pieces back in the envelope.  I decided to make view B this time (the one on the right).



How I Did It


I made view C last week and love the sleeves but since I was making virtually the same dress I wanted it to look different.  This time I used the regular long sleeve but decided to remove all but 1/4 inch from the hem allowance and do a "lettuce" edge rather than a traditional hem.  As before I shortened the sleeve 3 inches.  I did the same thing for the hem - "lettuce" edge.  Also as before I shortened the length by 3 inches and the back length by 1/2 inch.  The dress looks orange on my screen but it is actually a beautiful red color.



The other change that I made was to eliminate the back zipper on this dress.  Since I used a ponte knit it has enough stretch to get over my head comfortably.  In the other dress I thought the zipper looked to bulky and unprofessional.


The front is the same as before with the pleating on the left side.  This is so figure flattering.


The last pictures are a side and full front view.  It needs a final pressing.



March's sewing goal completed!

Comments

  1. Another lovely version of this dress. I like the lettuce edging for hem of dress and sleeves. I need to work on using my serger to make lettuce edges that look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda for taking the time to comment. After completing the lettuce edging I was glad I did it. Definitely try out the lettuce edge with your serger - it is so much fun

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch