Opal Jacket Take Two

My word for me today is Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)"

A couple of  my recent sewing sessions have been a disaster.  The first was a blouse (post January 15, 2016).  The other one was so bad I did not even post it.  Lets just say that when I put the dress on I looked like a sack of potatoes. I chalked it up to more wasted fabric and threw the dress and pattern away.

I needed some sewing success and decided to go back to a winner.  I went back to the Opal jacket from The Sewing Workshop (post December 31, 2015).  This pattern is so easy - it only has 5 pattern pieces and goes together quickly.  The instructions are concise and easy to follow.


How I Did It

I made a couple of adjustments - I added about 3/4 " to the hips and eventually shorten the sleeves  2 3/4" (forgot again and did it after I had put the jacket together).


I chose the same fabric but a different color.  It is a hot pink Crossroads Denim which is a 10 ounce soft drapable fabric.  I have also used this fabric to make a soft flowy skirt.


Again I decided rather than hem the jacket I would finished the edges with a decorative thread.  I chose to use a 3 thread serger stitch with 1 spool of regular serger thread and 2 spools of Madeira Decora No 6 (color numbers 1590 and 1583).









Below are pictures of the inside of the jacket.






I know the buttonhole strips are a little crooked, but on the outside of the jacket you cannot tell so I am good with it.






As for one of my sewing goals - I think I am up to June which puts me well ahead of schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin