Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

The more I sew the more I want easy to sew and comfortable to wear.  These two patterns fit the bill.  I finished the top about a month ago and the leggings about 6 months ago but am just now getting around wearing it and taking pictures.

StyleArc Kim Swing Top & Laura Knit Leggings


How I did It

I will only will focus on the top since I already reviewed the leggings here.  This top was only 3 pieces, front, back, and the sleeve.

What really drew me to this pattern was its angle lines and length.  I have made about 10 pairs of the Laura Knit Leggings and I need some tops besides the 3 hoodies I made to wear with them.

Fabric

I ordered some bamboo jersey knit for this top - OMG it is so soft against my skin.  I used some kind of ITY that I bought at my local fabric store for the leggings.  In other words I did not use anything from my stash of fabric (I already had some bamboo jersey in my stash).

Pattern Alterations/Adjustments

  • Shortened the sleeve 1" 

  •  Shortened the top 3"

Some Construction Pictures

Used Knit Stay Tape to Prevent Stretching







 

Some Finished Pictures













 

Conclusion

I really, really, really love this top.  It's comfy, drapy, and cute.  This top (and leggings) stretch with me no matter what direction I move or grow (the covid-19 weight gain is real😊).  I can dress it up or down and be confident I will look good either way.

I will definitely be making more of this top.  I already have some bamboo spandex jersey in orange and yellow in my stash.

What's Next 

I am working on another pair of jeans and will be also cutting out some sweat pants and tops hopefully this weekend.


Comments

  1. That does look like a comfortable outfit. However, I Love the pumps--very classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is extremely comfortable. Pumps always makes everything look better

      Delete
  2. This is a great look on you! Classy and sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. What a beautiful top you made for yourself, and you've convinced me to start sewing again with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin