Sewing Machine Cover Number 3

My word for me today comes from Matthew 6:25, 27, 34-35.  Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  

This is part 3 of a previous days post and the cover is for a Brother 1034 serger.  As I shared in the other 2 posts, I made sewing machine covers for several machines sold on behalf of a friend.

This cover was fairly easy since I had worked out all the issues in the other 2 machine covers even though this was a serger.

How I Did It

The fabric I used was from my stash (yea I am making room for more fabric).  I believe I purchased this fabric from Hobby Lobby sometime ago.  I believe it is duck cloth and the lining is a cotton fabric.

Again I chose to use batting rather than headliner just because I had more batting on hand than headliner. And as before I took ideas from a couple different projects from the Sew4Home web site.  The projects I used were Sewing Machine Cover with Decorative Stitching Accents and Sewing Machine Cover.

Here are the fabric pieces for the outside, lining, and the batting.


Here is a photo of the embroidery I stitched on the front.  The design is from a set called Sewing from the Bunnycup Embroidery website.  The word fabric looks like it is applique but it is actually all thread.  I love this site and I have bought mostly baby designs but this one really caught my attention.  I wonder why!




I serged the edges because the fabric un-raveled easily.  The pieces below show the front and back stitched together with an opening for the serger handle.  The lining is also shown.






Below is a picture of the side pockets.  I used binding to cover the top edges.



These are pictures of the outside and lining before being attached.



This is a picture of one of the side pockets before the lining was attached.


These are pictures of the completed serger cover with binding used to finish the edges.  The front and side are shown.




This is the final machine cover that I plan to make for now.  When making this one I really didn't use the instructions since I had already sewn 2 others.  This was a really quick and fun project to make.  Maybe one day I will make covers for my  own machines.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin