Renewed Hope for 2017

2016 - what a year.  It started with what felt like a sucker punch in January.  Before I could recover from that blow, February floored me.  The rest of 2016 seemed to continue the same path it started - one crushing blow after another.  I still don't quite understand and still struggle to process all that has happened.

There is something about the dawn of a new year.  For some reason the dawn of a new year brings a sense of renewed hope, a chance for change, and an opportunity to start anew.  No matter how I feel there are some truths that I can stand on.
  1. I know God loves me. (Romans 5:8)
  2. I know God cares for me. (1Peter 5:7)
  3. I know God have a plan and purpose for my life (Jeremiah 29:11)
When the storms of life are raging, the Lord will be my shelter even when I don't "feel" it.  I thank God for giving me some "hiding" places in addition to his word and prayer.  I can hide in my baking and my sewing.

Sewing Goals for 2017

I reviewed my sewing goals from last year and I met most of them and can use 2017 to complete or remove the ones I didn't meet.  

My sewing was so, so in 2016.  I am not sure what happened to my pattern alteration skills - they seem to have disappeared.

  1. This year I want to sew more custom patterns - patterns specifically for my measurements.  I have been pleased with Lekala, so I planned to order patterns from them so I don't have to deal with alterations.
  2. I want to sew some pants.  I have shied away from them because of all the adjustments I will need to make.  Lekala will save me.
  3. I want to attend at least one sewing related class either in person or online.  My preference is in person.
  4. I want to make at least one clothing garment per month.
  5. I want to continue to dwindle my sewing stash with the hope that one day I will no longer have a fabric stash and will purchase my fabric at the point when I plan to sew the garment.  This will be difficult I know.
  6. To stretch myself , I want to plan for Fall 2017 by selecting a couple coordinating patterns and fabric to complete a wardrobe that will consist of at least 1 jacket, 5 tops, 2, skirts, 2 dresses, and 2 pairs of pants.  I want to have all garments completed by October 1, 2017.
Goal number 5 will be my biggest challenge.  I am so easily distracted and such a procrastinator but excited about trying to accomplish this goal.

My Next Project

I plan to sew blouse pattern Lekala 4000.  This is a blouse with a decorative inset and I plan to use fabric from my stash.  It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can get started on this one.

Lekala 4000

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin