Lekala Blouse 4878

I wanted to sew and I wanted it to be something quick.  When I saw Lekala 4878 it immediately captured my attention because of its shape and raglan type sleeves.  My first make of this top wasn't great but I knew it was because of my fabric choice - you could not see the design because it got lost in the print.  I was going to put this pattern away but knew in the right fabric I would love it.


Top Details Lost in the Fabric Print
Lekala 4878

Trying to take a selfie picture was challenging.  I still marvel at those who can take a proper selfie.

How I did It

It was only when I decided to make this blouse that I realized I had little shirting fabric which gives me an excuse to buy more fabric.

The first make was from fabric that I have had in my stash for years and the second make I bought at an estate sale for $1 yard.  There were 8 yards of it on the bolt.  It looks like a seer sucker fabric but it is actually a cotton gauze.

To add a little interest I cut the side front and side back on the crosswise grain.

I made my own binding by cutting bias strips and attaching them together.




I added the darts to the front, added the pocket to the side front, attached the side front to the front and the side back to the back.










Next I added the sleeves to the back, front, and then stitched the front to the back.









I added the binding to the neck edge, hemmed the sleeves, and blouse bottom.




Completed blouse - first make.  The design of the make gets lost in the print.








Completed blouse - second make.

















Conclusion

I am so glad I decided not to put this blouse away after the first make.  I knew I would love it in the right fabric.  This top is comfy and quick to sew and I love wearing it.  I got so many compliments when I wore it a couple days ago.  I will definitely be making more of this one.

What's next

I will be getting back to some charity sewing but will also start on Jalie Eleonore Pull-On-Jeans.


Jalie Eleonore Pull-On-Jeans

Comments

  1. Great job matching the stripes on the latest top. You might want to go up a couple of sizes in the Eleanor jeans if your thighs touch unless you are already at the top of the range where they go up in 2" increments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Wow - thanks for the tip on the Eleanor jeans

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman