Richie Knit Tunic Dress

I really love this simple dress and it fits in with my sewing comfy mood right now.

I think I will look like a sack of potatoes in this dress and had considered making a belt for it and later decided against it.  I have decided I am going to rock this dress when I wear it, even if I look like a sack of potatoes 😉.

I am well aware this dress looks horrible on the dress form, but I have been living in pj's for the last 6 weeks and have no desire to play dress up and try to take pictures right now.


Style Arc's Richie Knit Tunic Dress

How I Did It

I really wanted to do horizontal strips to practice strip matching, but I chickened out again. I have yet to conquer strip matching.

This fabric was in my stash, but it was purchased from Fabric Mart fabrics last year so it is relatively new.  It is a lycra double brushed jersey.  It is so soft and feels wonderful against the skin.

I watched  "Fashion Sewing & Serging Techniques with Pamela Leggett" Bluprint and there is a section in there about stabilizing with stay tape and interfacing. Now I use knit stay tape so that I don't stretch my neckline or hemlines

Modifications

I took out 2" - 1" in the back length area and 1" closer to the hemline.

Some Construction Pictures

This dress is so easy to sew there are only a few construction pictures.



Knit Stay Tape





Conclusion

This dress was really easy to sew and it is so comfortable.  You can dress it up or down.

What's Next

Megan Nielsen's Flint pants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman