This Fitzroy Hoodie Is Absolute Comfort

As of late, I am only wanting to sew things that are roomy, comfortable, and easy to sew, so now when I buy new patterns that is what I am searching for.  These days I need quick sewing success to keep me motivated to sew.

I bought this pattern in May 2019.  I knew I loved it but the right fabric didn't speak to me until March 2020.

Fitzroy Hoodie 


How I Did It

In the middle of March 2020 based on what I was hearing and seeing I knew the city was going to be shut down sometime soon.  I went to JoAnn's Fabric store as a last ditch effort to ensure I had fabric to sew,  I wasn't hopeful because for the last few years their garment fabric quality had gone down hill and I felt forced to do my fabric shopping online.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this bright yellow modal knit fabric - it reminded me of the high end knit fabric I have seen in retail high end brands. The yellow reminded me of the sunshine and that made me happy.  I knew this was the perfect fabric for the Fitzroy Hoodie.

I believe I spent about $200 - $300 dollars in 2 days on fabric because I needed to ensure I had something to keep my sanity during what was sure to be a long difficult time period.

I had a fabric stash, but of course none of that fabric would work for want I was wanting to sew.

My Adjustments

I shortened the sleeves 2" but should have shortened them another 2" because the sleeves are really long on me.

I shortened the bodice only 1".  I normally automatically shorten the length 3", but not on this one.  I believe I held the pattern piece up to my body to see where the waistband hit and determined I only needed to shorten it 1"

I shortened the hood by 1" also.

My Constructions Pictures


Hood





Top Stitching











Conclusion

I really love this no-fuse hoodie, you slip it over your head and your on your way.

I imagine myself lounging around in this hoodie and leggings on a cold, rainy day.  Or going out and pairing this hoodie and leggings with a wedge heel sandal and jewelry to match to dress it up a bit.

The instructions are sparse as with most of their patterns, but with the pictures it makes it easy to whip this up.

What's Next

StyleArc's Richie Knit Tunic Dress - this goes along with my quick and comfy sewing mindset right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch