Happy Masks

Today I got an email and for the first time I had a "corona" moment.

I thought about all the people who have this virus, about those in the hospital without their family and worse those that die without the comfort of their family beside them.  I thought about the health care workers who are surrounded and endangered by this virus.  I thought about those who have lost their job or those who were notified they are losing their jobs.  I thought about those who had to take a pay cut or fewer hours to keep their job.  I thought about those who are blessed to still have a job.  I thought about those stuck at home and the increased abuse that typically comes with crisis like this.  I thought about those in leadership who are having to make tough decisions.

It broke my heart and the tears started flowing.  After a few moments I prayed for God's mercy and grace for all affected by this pandemic.  I prayed for God's comfort.  I prayed that we would submit and say yes to Him and His way.

I still have a job and to my knowledge no one in my family has this virus, however, I knowing that others are hurting made me sad, so I needed something to make me smile and be thankful even in these circumstances.

My Happy Masks
 I am part of a group that gave these designs for free.  Since I already posted where I got the instructions and video in the previous post I won't do that here because their are no "real" changes.

Who knew the sewing supplies we take for granted would be in short supply.  I was surprised to find I had enough elastic used for these masks.  I will have to switch to ties for the rest of them.

I had to use a heavier interfacing because I am out of the sheer and I can't order anymore because everyone is out of stock.

Here are pictures of some of the construction.






Clown Face

Bunny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman