Sam Apron from Helen's Closet

My sewjo took flight and I am fighting to kickstart it again.  My UFO's are growing at an alarming rate and I needed something simple to get me going.

Helen's Closet Sam Apron
Helen's Closet Sam Apron Line Drawing

If you didn't already know I was a Janome girl.  There are some good brands of sewing machines and my brand was Janome.

After some negotiations with my dealer I got the new Janome M17 and traded in my beloved Janome 15000 to help bring down the price.  In about 2 weeks I started noticing "issues" with the machine (May 2022).  No problem, I had confidence that Janome would come out with a fix and all would be right in my world.

August 2022 Janome did come out with a fix, however, it made things worse.  Long story short after receiving 2 lemons I was done.  I was crushed, angry, and disappointed in Janome America.  I had been sewing on Janome's for at least 15+ years and thought I would die sewing on Janome's.  I never realized how hard it would be unlearning Janome sewing machines and so went my sewjo.

Now I am getting intimately acquainted with my new Babylock Solaris Vision.  It is slow going though because I can't get Janome out of my head.  Now back to the apron.

How I Did It

This is a basic apron pattern and the instructions are wonderful and I expect nothing less from Helen's closet.  What's different is you can choose the size you want to make just like a normal pattern.  Getting it for free made it even better.

Fabric

I did buy some Washed Duck Cloth fabric from Hobby Lobby in both taupe and dove (gray).  It is probably a medium weight.

Pattern Adjustments

I made size range 28 - 34 because I plan to give this away as a gift. Instead of the chest pocket I chose to use the Cool Giraffes in Color embroidery design from Urban Threads.  The other change I made was to make the neck strap adjustable using 2 "D" rings.

Some Construction Pictures

 
















Some Finished Pictures 










 

 

Conclusion

What can I say.  It's a free pattern that come in various sizes with awesome instructions that make it easy to sew.

What's Next

I believe another apron.  Right now I am keeping it simple hoping to jumpstart my sewjo so I can complete all my UFO's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman