Love Notions Laundry Day Tee

Lost my sewjo 4th quarter 2022 and had to force myself to sew because it didn't want to return.  I have so many UFO's it's ridiculous.  To force myself to reduce the UFO pile, I wouldn't allow myself to cut anything new until I finished the last 3 UFO's I created in the last quarter of 2022.

I got 2 done and called uncle on the 3rd one - it was just too stressful.  I have been specifically looking for patterns that will help me get back to enjoying sewing again and reduce the errors the I have been making.  This is one I found that is super easy.  Love Notions Laundry Day Tee is a free pattern.

Me Twirling in my Love Notions Laundry Day Tee


How I Did It

This pattern almost didn't happen.  I put pdf patterns together all the time, but when I tried to put this one together I literally had to force the pages together.  There was about 1/2" difference in the length of some of the pages.

I made the assumption I did something wrong when I printed, so I printed again ensuring I was not shrinking the pages.  Same thing happened so I tossed the pattern.  I finally decided to asked about it on the Love Notions facebook page, but didn't get any solutions that I had not already tried except to download again.

Then I remembered I downloaded the pdf from my iPad and I had never done that before. The 3rd time I used my pc and that made it about 95% better.  Some pages still did not align as well as they should have but I had a workable pattern.

  • Fabric

    • I used a stretchy rib knit from JoAnn's that has been in my stash for at least 5 years.  

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • Looking at the finished measurements, a 2X should have been fine, but when I laid the pattern up against my body I knew it would not be.  I cut out a 2X and 3X then I graded from a 2X to a 3X from the under seam down to the hem length.
    • I shortened the dress 1" above the waist line.
    • I added fusible knit bias to the neck and shoulder edges.
    • I used a fusible double sided hem tape on the sleeve and dress hem.

  • Construction Pictures






  • Finished Pictures










Conclusion

I really loved sewing this dress.  The collar lays flat against my body and it was so easy to sew.  Three seams  - side seams, sleeves, and neck band.  For a normal sewer it wouldn't probably take any more than 2 to 3 hours to cut and sew.  What make this pattern even better is it is free.

What's Next

Still trying to build back up my confidence so I will search my stash and hopefully find another knit to make this dress.

I still need to blog about my UFO's that I finished.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman