I actually started this project on the 8th (Saturday) and finished on the 9th.  I woke up on Saturday and I didn't seem to have any energy.  As the day went on my energy level stayed the same - low.  I decided I needed a "pick me up" and knew sewing something would make me feel better.

I still have the shorts I need to make but have not finished the pattern alterations.  I did not need frustration - I wanted to sew something quick and easy.  I went to my favorite project site and found a beginner friendly back to school tote.  I know a teacher and decided to surprise her with a quick tote.

How I Did It

The boundary I set was for myself was I could not buy any thing to make this project - everything had to come from my current stock of supplies.  This is crazy I know but I made this boundary and got mad because I couldn't buy anything new for this project.

The fabric I chose to use was a decorator weight denim that has a tri-color strip that runs thru one side of the fabric.  I was being lazy and did not want to make handles from the fabric.  I have yards and yards of beige polyester webbing/belting and decided to use it instead.

I cut the webbing to the appropriate size for the handles and used some Sulky 12wt navy blue thread to sew 3 evenly space lines down the length of the handles in an attempt to match the blue in the denim.

I wanted to use headliner instead of the recommended Pellon decor bond but I did not have enough for this project so I used batting.  If I make this again I will use headliner instead of batting because the headliner gives a more support but still remains soft.

I have some Bunnycup embroidery designs that were perfect for this project so I added embroidery to the front and back of the tote. I used quilt weight cotton for the lining.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin