The last few weeks have been trying.  My body decided that it wanted to show me who was really in charge.  Out of no where I started having pain but not your normal aches and pain.  This pain was disabling and the slightest movement in any direction caused excruciating pain. I don't know what triggered it and that is most frustrating.  I still have pain but I am able do most things now .  Still praying and asking the Lord for complete healing.

I managed to get some sewing done but not for me.  I had one client that wanted to have a wedding gift personalize.  I monogrammed 2 face, 2 hand, and 2 bath towels.  I also monogrammed 2 pillow cases and a sheet.

How I Did It

It was straight forward.  The biggest problem I had was supporting the weight of the items that were being monogrammed.  The monogram technique I used is called "embossing".  This was the first time I tried it and it turned out really nice.  I used a tear away stabilizer on the bottom and a water soluble stabilizer on top.

I put the first letter of the first name of the bride on one face towel and the grooms on the other.  I put the first letter of the first name and the first letter of the last name on one hand towel for the bride and the grooms on the other.  On the bath towels the first letter of the first name of the bride and groom are stacked one on top of the other so for the bride I used the first letter of her first name stacked on top of the first letter of the groom's first name and the first letter of the last name on one bath towel and vice versa for the groom (grooms initial stack on top of the brides initial).

For the pillow cases I put Mrs. on one and Mr. on the other.  For the sheet I put Mr. and Mrs. and their last name.










I made a wallet to give as a gift to a friend.  Her daughter-in-law saw it and wanted it.  Of course she said she couldn't have hers.  My friend (client) asked me to make one for a daughter-in-law so she can give to her as a gift.  You can review the July 12, 2015 posting for the "How I Did It" explanation.

There is one thing that is different on this one - it's has a "design feature".  I have learned over the years to turn my mistakes into "design features" rather than throwing the project away and starting over.  I added a label and embroidered a name on it.  I had put the magnetic snap in the wrong place and had to move it.

There were two tiny slits in the fabric from the old position of the snap which created an opportunity for a "design feature".








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin