Sewer's Block

I have had so much going on lately that I have not been able to do my weekly sewing.  Instead of being my stress relief my sewing has become a huge source of frustration because I can't seem to complete my garments.  I must have "sewers block" right now.

A month or so ago I started altering a shorts pattern to make for a trip that has come and gone.  There were 6 huge alterations that I needed to make and I made about 3 of them and quickly realized I would not finish the alterations.  The main problem was it was depressing to realize how many inches I needed to add so they would fit properly.  As frustrating as it is it has not compelled me to lose weight - eventually I will get there too.

So I decided Lekala  to the rescue.  I selected dress pattern 4106 which has a really cute collar design.  I entered my measurements, got the pattern that was made with my measurements, took it to Fedex Kinko's and had it printed for a whopping $18 ( I have to order my wide print printer soon).

THE PROBLEM

  1. The collar detail should be on the left and I put it on the right but I could live with this design feature (mistake).
  2. I can't figure out the collar and the yoke piece.  The wonderful thing about Lekala is you get a pattern that is already altered for your measurements.  The bad thing about Lekala is the instructions - you must already know how to sew because the instructions are minimal.  There are 12 sentences that make up the instructions for this pattern and there are no pictures or diagrams.

For some reason I am just stuck and cannot figure it out.  I am so close to being done and I really want to finish this dress.  If I don't figure it out soon I know it will go into the trash.  I want to sew so bad right now but that means I would need to move on to another project and this dress would get put away for a few months and then make its way to the trash can.

Maybe tomorrow clarity will come and I will get it finished.  Until then the pictures show another UFO.

Lekala 4106
Pocket

Dress Back

Dress Front

Collar and Yoke (THE PROBLEM)

Buttons that will be used




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin