Lekala 4748

I printed this pattern and put it together months ago and never got around to making it.  By the time I finally got around to it I did not want to use the fabric I had already selected.  I am determined to use the fabric in my stash and although it was tough not to go buy new "summer" fabric I stuck with what I had.


Lekala 4748

How I Did It

I used fabric from my stash and it was really hard to work with.  It constantly moved while trying to cut it.  I am not sure what fabric it is but it looks similar to a microfiber.  I definitely had to use my walking foot when sewing it together.

I made a of couple adjustments.  The first adjustment was a 1" sway back adjustment.  The back had 2 pieces - the yoke and the bottom back.  To do this adjustment I folded the yoke in half and temporarily taped the back bottom to the back yoke.





For the second adjustment I shortened the neck tie 4" - 2" on each end.




After making my adjustments it was time to sew.  Because I knew the fabric would "crawl" I used my walking foot.

I stitched the back back darts and then stitched the bottoms pieces together and added the back yoke.  I stitched the fronts to the side fronts, added the front bodices, and finally I added the front yokes.






For some reason I had a heck of a time gathering the front bodice and still not really sure why.  At first it I thought the piece was too big but I had not gathered it enough.  I finally got the pieces together properly.

I stitched the shoulder seams, added the sleeves, and hemmed the sleeves.

The neck band/ties was fairly simple to put together.



I stitched the buttonholes but did not pay close attention to the placement.  Once I tried on my blouse there was gaping at the front bodice seam.  No way was I ripping out buttonholes, so I decided to add a snap there instead.  I am still not totally please with it but it will do.


Finally I stitched the hem.








Conclusion

This is a nice blouse but a little long for me.  If I choose to make it again I will probably shorten it.  It is fairly easy to put together and it fits really close.  The navy blue color and fabric was perfect when it was cooler but now that we have skipped spring and moved directly into summer I am not so excited about it.

I am really trying hard not to buy more fabric until I make a serious dent in my current fabric stash.

What's Next

Right now I believe it will be Lekala 4595 but who knows.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman