Closet Core Patterns Free Sewing Machine Cover

I have used this free pattern so many times I have lost count now.  This one is for a young new sewer who is getting first sewing machine on her birthday.  I decided to make her one as a gift.

I won't do my normal post since I have already done that here.


There was no well thought out plan when making this.  I allowed myself to do whatever came to mind, so there were "mistakes" made but I fixed them and they became "design" features.  This was a stress free sewing session.

My main goal was to use my overflowing scrap fabric pile.  I chose denim strips and cut as wide and long as I could.  There were 3", 3.5", 4", and 5" strips.  Once the sewn strips were wide enough I cut 8.5" squares I believe.  I sewed the squares together to make big enough pieces to cut the pattern.

I added some straight lines and diagonal lines using a 12wt cotton thread.  I also added embroidery designs and font from Bunnycup embroidery.  The lining is made out of a mystery fabric that I have in my stash.

I figure if she doesn't like it, now that she has a sewing machine she can make her on.


















 


Back with Pocket

Lining

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin