Tilly and the Buttons Olive Pinafore for me

Every so often I go through a period where my sewing is "off" and sewing is not as fun.  I seem to be in one of those periods now.  This was supposed to be an easy quick sew and I was only supposed to make one to test how it would look on me.

I won't do my normal post since I have done a detail post here.  

How did this go so wrong?  I cut the wrong size.  I am 2 sizes smaller on the top than the hip and I cut one size smaller than my hip - I didn't want to deal with adjustments.

It is too big in the chest and in the waist area.  I also noticed some diagonal pull lines in the waist area pointing towards the darts.  They are a direct result of being to big in the chest area and too big in the waist area.  When I pinned out some of the extra fabric from the underarm down to the waist area the diagonal lines started to disappear.

So how did I end up with 2 instead of 1? I had just enough yardage to cut the pattern - no extra.  Initially I laid the pattern pieces out to check, but when I laid the pieces out for actual cutting I forgot an laid the pieces out wrong and ended up not having enough fabric.  The navy blue one used some of the black for the facing pieces and the black used the animal print for the facing and pocket pieces.

I got everything ready to take pictures in the dresses, before I realized my camera remote control needed to be charged.  I wanted to be done with these so no pictures of me in them.

Its not even worth talking about the adjustments made.  At this point I am thinking these will probably go into my donation pile.  I may stick them in the closet for a couple of weeks and then revisit.  I just don't know if I can get past the diagonal pull lines.

I may go back and revisit this pattern after making the proper adjustments.  I have to get over the disappointment of screwing these up first.

Here are more finished pictures.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman