Their Favorite Love Story

August 27, 2017 was my pastor and wife's church anniversary.  Normally I make them a goodie basket filled with a variety of home baked sweet treats to take with them when they travel after their anniversary celebration.

This year was no different - I did make them a goodie basket but I wanted to do something more.  I didn't have any ideas until Saturday afternoon and I had to have it done by Sunday morning.  Needless to say I had only a couple hours sleep.

Embroidered Napkin

How I Did It

The colors for the occasion were red, black, and white.  I remembered seeing a wedding design set on Bunnycup Embroidery and thought this was perfect even though they have been married about 30 years and it was not their wedding anniversary.

If you spent anytime around them you would see they really love each other.  I decided I would make them a goodie basket, a mug rug, and a napkin.  Since they would have snacks I bought red and black mugs for drinks and I bought red thermal mugs and filled them with my favorite tea (Beach Bellini from Teavana).  I knew they would love the tea and they did.

The mug rugs were made with fabric from my stash.  I don't remember the mug rug project I used as my inspiration now but I believe my backing fabric was 9x13.  I embroidered on the front with one of the Bunnycup designs.


I used a piece of cotton batting in the middle and put binding around the edges.  I used Sulky's 30wt Cotton Blendable thread for the decorative stitching on the binding.

Front of Mug Rug

Back of Mug Rug

I bought the napkins at Wal-Mart and again used one of the Bunnycup designs.  I modified the design to use the year they were married.  This was the first time I used "Terial Magic" liquid fabric stabilizer and I got wonderful embroidery results - zero puckering.  I will definitely start using this product whereever I can.

Napkins

Napkin

I bought 2 mugs and 2 thermal mugs and the plan was to use another of the Bunnycup designs with my Silhouette cutter and vinyl to put on the thermal mugs.  I was also supposed to put each of their names on the mugs but I simply ran out of time.

I rolled the mug rug and tied instructions on it with a note for care instructions and put it inside the mug.  I thought I took pictures of it wrapped but I didn't find any.  I also did not take pictures of the goodie basket before it was wrapped or the thermal mugs.

Mug with Mug Rug Inside it

Goodie Basket Wrapped with Lace Fabric


Conclusion

When giving gifts I try to think of the recipient and what they would like.  I don't always get it right but this time I did.  They loved their gifts and made it a point to tell me so.   I love giving gifts 😁 and I love my pastor and his wife.

What's Next

I did start Lekala 4053 but messed up the front band.  This one may go in the trash since I was using scrap fabric and before long the changing weather will not allow wearing shorts.  I will circle back to this one next year if I don't finish it this year.

I am excited because I finally painted the front of my skirt fabric will be completing Lekala S3023 in the next couple weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman