Quick and Simple - Lekala 4659

If you want quick and simple this pattern fits the bill.  I saw this pattern on the Lekala site and loved it.  I loved the style and simplicity of it.  I really loved that it looked really easy to sew.  When I reviewed the instructions I was right.  So I immediately ordered this pattern.


Lekala 4659

How I Did It

Fabric came from my stash.  I have had this fabric a minimum of 10 years and I finally found something to make with it.

I added interfacing to the back neck facing and stitched my darts.  I then serged the edges of the right/left fronts and turned them back 3/4".





The Lekala instructions were perfect which is not the norm, but construction was different than what I was used to so I kept re-reading them thinking something was wrong.  Once I decided to follow the instructions it was easy sailing.

I stitched the neckline to form the self front facing.  When I pressed this seam I rolled the right side of the front just a touch to the back so the back would not show in the front.




I stitched the side seams and then attached the back neck facing to back.  Afterwards I stitched the shoulder seams.





I cut some bias tape strips and stitched together to form the bias strips for the armholes and attached them.



The final step was serging the hemline and turning it under 3/4".



Finished top.





Conclusion

I wanted a quick easy top to sew and that's exactly what I got in this pattern.  It's exactly what I needed today because I started getting sick on Tuesday evening and still didn't have much energy today. 

My only complaint is I will have to pin (or stitch it - haven't decided) at the bottom to ensure modesty, but I knew that before I ordered this pattern.

Confession

I fell off the wagon and added to my fabric stash.  I almost made it out of the store with nothing when someone in the store took me to the sale isle for the knit fabric that was $4.99/yd.  Once I got to the isle there was another enabler pointing out fabric that I needed to see.  I have no idea where I am going to store this fabric.







What's Next

Probably another version of this top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman