Baby Gift Complete

There was so much sewing I was supposed to do over Christmas break and got none of it done.  This baby blanket and bibs was on the list.  I posted the bibs last week.

Posted Last Week
This week I finally completed the blanket and gave it to the recipient.


How I Did It

Nothing new here and all my fabric came from my stash.  I believe I started with 9 - 8" squares.  I embroidered the the baby's name from one of the fonts in my embroidery software and used Bunnycup's Adorable Animal Faces Applique for the animal faces.

I used good quality quilting cotton and instead of using my quilting scraps I used cuddle fleece for the animal faces to give the blanket some depth and interest for the baby.  I put a topper over the fleece to keep the stitches from disappearing into the fleece while embroidering.

Below are pictures from the process.







Once all the embroidery is done I normally stitch the 9 squares together.  After stitching them together I check to see if the outer edges are even and lay flat - if not I square them up as much as possible without cutting off too much of the fabric.  I have learned that trimming up at this stage keeps the edges flat when the blanket is completed.  Trust me - I have had plenty of baby blankets with rippled edges 😂.

Once Stitched Together - Square Back Up



Back





Conclusion

It takes more time using cuddle fleece but I absolutely love the effect.  I normally try to have 1 blanket, 1 bib, 1 burp cloth, and 1 onesie, but because I was so far behind in my sewing I settled on 1 blanket and 2 bibs.

What's Next

I just completed Stylearc's Laura Knit Leggings (full length).  I need to complete their Ascot Tunic to wear with the leggings otherwise I look absolutely ridiculous in leggings because of my pear like shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin

Love Notions Vivace Dolman