Helen's Closet Pona Jacket

I will be honest, I had seen the Pona jacket before but it never appealed to me. I was absolutely desperate for a sewing class so I signed up for a live zoom class and this was the pattern that would be used.


View B


How I Did It

My plan was to use whatever fabric I had in stock, but of course according the fabric requirements  for my size I did not have enough for the fabrics I thought would work with this jacket.  I continue to ask myself is it worth having a fabric stash.

Fabric

I ordered the Japanese Dobby Texture Cotton Burst Floral fabric for this project from Style Maker Fabrics.  When I saw this fabric in person I was in love - I consider it a beautiful work of art.

Pattern Alterations

  • I removed 2" from the jacket length 

  • I removed 1" from the pocket length because when I placed it on the jacket the pocket was hitting my boob.

When I make it again I will removed an additional 1/2" from the pocket length and move the topstitching line up so that ultimately I remove about 2" from the pocket.

Some Construction/Finished Pictures

























 

Conclusion

I was pleasantly surprised after it was completed.  I love this jacket and the fabric selection has a huge part to do with it.

The instructions are thorough and complete.  It is such a stylish jacket that you can whip up in about 3 or 4 hours.  I will definitely be making this jacket again probably in this fabric.

I did add my new label to this jacket and just like my sewing it will probably evolve over time.

What's Next

I am currently working on a pair of jeans (hoping this will at least be a wearable muslin).  I also have 2 dresses and a top cut out waiting to be sewn up.

Comments

  1. I love this jacket! Gorgeous fabric and looks great as this jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I love when I find beautiful fabric and this pattern allowed the fabric to shine.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin