Aria Top Review by Chalk & Notch Patterns

I was given the opportunity to be part of the testing group for this pattern. When I signed up I had never sewn a pattern from this company before (have the Isle Jeans pattern but had not sewn them yet). What I loved about this testing was - it wasn't a "blind" test meaning I was shown a line drawing before I agreed to be a tester and I love that. I have participated in other pattern company test groups but you never saw the pattern until you agreed to test it.
Aria Top View A High Back w/Bias

I have to say I really enjoyed this pattern test. There was a private Facebook group set up for the testers and everyone was super supportive including the pattern company.

How I Did It 

I did not buy new fabric for this project.  This fabric was bought to make a different pattern, but in my effort to pair down my fabric stash I chose to use it.  I have had the fabric in my stash for 2 years and I bought it on clearance - yay for me.  I have to celebrate the small wins when it comes to buying fabric 😆. 

  • Fabric

    • I chose this Graphic Animal Print Rayon Challis from Core Fabrics.

  • Pattern Adjustments

    • Cut an 18 at the neck/arm and graded out half way between a 22/24 at waist/hip
    • Shorten sleeve 1"
    • Shorten bodice length 1"
    • Shorten the elastic for the waist 1" (based on size 22)
    • On the next version I plan to remove the adjustment to the sleeve and bodice.

  • Some Construction Pictures











  • Some Finished Pictures















Conclusion

Y'all what can be easier to sew than 3 pieces - nothing.  This top gave me joy.  I made View A with the high back and bias neckline.  I definitely see another one of these in my future.

What's next

Another pair Isle Jeans from from Chalk & Notch (have already make 2 pair) or something else if I get distracted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman