Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Y'all it was the sleeves that captured my attention and I knew I had to have it.  I have more patterns than I can count waiting to be sewn and have had some for years, but that didn't stop me from buying another 😂.

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top

Not only do I love the sleeves, but there are a lot of  options given and you can do so many things with this top.  This is now a favorite pattern for me. 

How I Did It

I am doing good using my fabric stash, but I have to admit it has been really hard not salivating and ordering when I get the emails about new fabric.   I got this fabric some years back at an estate sale for a $1/yd and I believe there was 8 yards on the bolt.  I have made 2 tops with this fabric and still have some left.

  • Fabric

    • Cotton gauze from the stash

  • Pattern Adjustments 

    • I cut a 20 and graded out to a 24 at the bottom edge
    • I shortened the sleeve 1"
    • I shortened the bodice 1" above and below the waist (total of 2")
    • For the next version, I will only shorten 1"above the waist

  • Some Construction Pictures




















  • Some Finished Pictures
















Conclusion

This top is super simple to make and has so many options.  I am really thinking the next time I sew this pattern, I will lengthen it into a dress.  I haven't decided if I will make it a shift or A-line, I just know I will use this pattern again for another make.

What's Next

I have a vest cut out, but I also want to make another shacket and a pair of jeans.  Said all that to say I don't know what's next.

Comments

  1. Super nice on you! I love reading your blog, because you end up reviewing all the patterns I am eyeing and we have about the same build. I’d o admire your prolific nature as I get a lot fewer done :). Enjoy wearing it because you look terrific in it! Abbey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love it when my blog is useful to someone.

      Delete
    2. Love your top. I do have this pattern, but I haven't made it up yet. I'll make it in the spring when it starts warming up :) Hopefully, the sleeve binding won't be a problem.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Nancy - don't believe you will have any issue with the sleeve binding.

      Delete
  2. Does it have darts? I just worry it might be to “boxy” on me. I’m in Australia, so I probably won’t make it straight away as we’re coming into winter. But I love the look of the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No darts but I don't think you to worry about it looking boxy on you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Enter comments here

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin