Go Big or Go Home

I have been on a quest to find loose fitting, easy to sew, stylish patterns and I found Stylearc's Portsea Luxe Sweat.  I really love the hi/low hemline and how roomy it is.  I still have not learned to balance between loose and too big.

 

How I Did It

When I tried this shirt on during the construction process I loved how roomy it was and that is where I got lost and forgot the balance.  I should have gone down one size because my top has past roomy, it's just too dang big.

Will I fix - nope.  Will I wear it - absolutely.  Although it is too big I don't have to fiddle with it too much.

Fabric

I purchase fabric specifically for this pattern.  When I saw the giant polka dots I had to have it and I love it.  The fabric is a giant polka dot jersey french terry from Style Maker Fabrics.

Pattern Adjustments

I shortened it 3".

Some Construction/Finished Pictures

I added knit stay tape around the neck and shoulder edges but neglected to put some on the split at the side and those areas seems to have stretched some.














Conclusion

For some reason I got bored with sewing this top and had to put it away for a few weeks.  Then I had to finally force myself to complete it.  It was an easy sew, so I am not sure what was going on with me.

I do like this top and do plan to make a couple more of them.

What's Next

Still trying to catch up on my postings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman