Megan Nielsen Opal Curve -View B

I was asked to be a tester for this pattern (ya) and for the second round of testing I decided to make view B.  Of the two I like view A the best because it gives me the illusion of a waistline, however, I still love view B.


How I Did It

According to the measurements I cut a size 24.  This was a big mistake and quite interesting since on view A I cut a 22 at the waist and graded up to a 24 at the hip.  I think I thought it's an elastic waist so it won't make a difference -wrong!

Once I completed them and tried them on I realized they were way too big and they did not look good.  This pattern has a fair amount of ease in it and I quickly realized I needed to go down a size.

In the pictures below you can see the excess fabric in the front and the pull lines in the back.

Size 24 - Too Big

Size 24 - Too Big

Normally I would give them away or trash them, however, I did something I normally don't do - I deconstructed, cut down to size 22, and reconstructed.  OMG - painful.  I had to remove all the top stitching first before I could deconstruct, however, I had an obligation to the pattern maker.

Fabric

The fabric has been in my stash for a really long time and it is some kind of linen blend.  I think a lighter weight fabric would have been better since it would allow them to hang and flow better - the fabric I used was a bit heavier/stiffer.

Adjustments

It has been a minute since I made these but I believe I made the following adjustments.
  • Shorten the length 3"
  • Raised the back rise 1"
  • Lowered the front rise 1"

Some Construction Steps/Final Pictures

























Conclusion

I would definitely recommend going down a size for view B because of the generous amount of ease.  I would also recommend using a softer fabric for this version.  View A is still my favorite. 

This is a great pattern with various options.  I love love love the comfort built into it.  I am so glad I was given an opportunity to be a tester for this pattern.  I am not done with this pattern yet - I need a pair of shorts!

What's Next

I still have a couple of items in my cut pile, although I am tempted to veer off and cut out shorts from this pattern since it is so hot right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Love Notions Vivace Dolman

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin