I Am Woman

There is nothing like a well fitted pencil skirt that just makes you feel good, look good, and know that you are WOMAN! Stylearc's Halle Stretch Skirt does just that.  When I saw this skirt I knew I had to have it and I found the perfect fabric for it.


How I Did It

I really loved the angled front of this skirt and I knew it would look good in the right fabric.  I have it paired with Stylearc's Portsea Luxe Sweat.

Fabric

I did buy new fabric from Style Maker Fabrics.  I purchased a plaid floral black/plum ponte knit for this skirt.  It was a heavier ponte which was perfect for this skirt.

Pattern Modifications

I shortened the skirt 3".  I was a little nervous when making this adjustment because of the angled front but it worked out just fine.

I raised the back rise 1". 

Normally I lower the front rise 1" but I chickened out on this one because I was nervous how it would affect the front.

Some Construction Steps/Final Pictures

I have to say I have never done a miter as well as I did on this skirt.  Initially I was nervous and I almost put the pattern away.  The design of the pattern made the miter fall into place perfectly even with me shortening the skirt 3".





















Conclusion

I love this skirt and I love me in this skirt!  It was a really easy sew and I can see more of these in my future, but only if I find the right fabric like I did for this one.

What's next

I believe I still have 2 items in my cut pile, bur right now I am trying to catch up on my posts.  I did diverge and cut out and sew a pair of "interesting" shorts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman