Tilly And The Buttons Make It Simple Quick Book Review

I recently purchased and finally received the "Make It Simple" Book by Tilly And The Buttons.

I have 2 of her other books I bought from a brick and mortar store.  What drew me to her books in the initially was the calming, pleasing color aesthetic.  What made me want to come back for this new one was 3 things.

  1. The expanded size range (what I affectionately call the "big girl" size) 
  2. The instructions and helpful tips that I knew would be there (based on her other books)
  3. The patterns
Lately I am finding myself wanting immediate sewing satisfaction (aka simple patterns) and this book did not disappoint.  The patterns have a simple elegance and are quick and easy to sew.  She gives you the basic pattern but also have a "Make It Your Own" section to kick it up a notch.  The patterns that I have sewn have a generous amount of wearing ease so you don't have to spend time making a lot of adjustments.  The only adjustments I had to make were shorten the length and raise the back rise.

She has even added the approximate time it should take to complete the project.  You only have 5 minutes to spare?  Believe it or not she has tips/suggestions on using those minutes wisely in your sewing room.

The instruction are spot on and there are plenty of pictures to help visual learners.  I really like the way the book is laid out - small easy chunks of dedicated sewing time.  I believe this book is extremely useful beginners, but also has enough information for the experienced sewer (shortcut steps).

See My Makes

  1. Tabitha T-Shirt
  2. Safiya Trousers
  3. Bertha Cardigan
  4. Suki Dress


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Love Notions Vivace Dolman