Stacie Jean Jacket #5

OESD posted some new Laurel Burch designs and I had to have them.  I love the Laurel Burch designs because they are always so colorful.  I knew when I bought the designs a few months back that I would stitch at least one of them on this jacket (StyleArc Stacie Jean Jacket).


The design collection is called Celestial by Laurel Burch and the design I used on the back is the Celestial Applique 1.  For the applique fabric I used their Luxe Sparkle Vinyl which is washable and ironable.  I don't remember how long it took to stitch out but it was hours.  I also put a couple designs on the front and sleeves.  I meant to use two different colors on the sleeves like I did on the front panels, but I forgot to change the thread.

This was my first project on my new baby Margaret (aka Janome Continental M17).  Really loving this machine and will be doing a review sometime later.

I will not do my normal post because I have made this jacket five times now (this review is the fifth one).  Here are the links to the other reviews.

  1. https://josephinesews.blogspot.com/2019/12/my-final-post-of-2019-jean-jacket.html
  2. https://josephinesews.blogspot.com/2020/01/stacie-jean-jacket-version-2.html
  3. https://josephinesews.blogspot.com/2021/05/stylearcs-stacie-jean-jacket-3.html
  4. https://josephinesews.blogspot.com/2021/06/stylearcs-stacie-jean-jacket-version-4.html

Fabric

Diamond Denim by Robert Kaufman.  I was really trying to be good.  I rode with a girlfriend to sell some equipment and we decided to stop by some quilt shops.  I had already bought fabric at a previous stop and had made up my mind I would not buy anymore.  

My girlfriend asked the quilt shop if they had any denim and they showed us this denim and we both wanted it, but they only had 3 or 4 yards so I told her to buy it.  Long story short I bought it from her once we made it back home.  Love, love, love this fabric.  I still have a piece left and would love to make a pair of jeans, but not sure if I have enough.  I do have enough for a skirt though. 

Pattern Adjustments

Left off the bottom band and the sleeve band. 

Some Construction Pictures












Some Finish Pictures















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylearc's Eme Dress

StyleArc's Londdon Woven Pant - Sheer Comfort

Total Comfort - Style Arc Kim Swing Top and Laura Knit Leggings

StyleArc's Tommie Jeans Skirt Is Singing My Love Language Today

Love Notions Crescendo Jeans

StyleArc's Logan Shacket - Version 1

A Labor of Love - Logan Shacket - Version 2

Be Mine Balloon Sleeve Top by Pattern Emporium

Isle Jeans by Chalk and Notch

Amalfi Blouse by Sewing Patterns by Masin